Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Me, Mine and I














Me, Mine and I.....
The words I chose,
To brand things I thought I owned.
The car,the house and all the the goodies that surround.
But owning anything is such a misapprehension
I am at the end left with only my soul.

What we choose to believe and lay our life's on
Is but such an illusion.
Holding life is like holding sand with all our might.
The tighter thy grip the lesser we hold.


I cannot even own the thoughts and desires held deep with in 
What a catastrophe to believe that anything but me belongs to me.

4 comments:

  1. A silent force marks out the course
    Of every man and woman,
    No matter what may be the lot
    Of creatures that are human,

    The end attained is ever gained
    By means so strange and hidden,
    We call it luck, instead of pluck,
    Or fate by fairies bidden.

    The human eye cannot descry
    All workings of the brain;
    At silent night, it gains a might
    Which bears a mental train

    ReplyDelete
  2. At sunset my spirit shall sing
    Of the beauties the elements yield,
    Let my heart then its off'ring bring
    To the Artist of sky and of field.

    When my soul from its dwelling of clay,
    Shall escape to that unknown sphere,
    May it be at the close of the day,
    When the glories of sunset appear.
    .............NILADRI BHOWMIK

    ReplyDelete
  3. The atmosphere may be redolent
    With fragrance from some happy soul
    Whose unconscious influence has sent
    Attractive power, like magnetic pole,
    Till laugh of bright eyes is contagious,
    Infectious, the mirth of a smile,
    And the ominous brow umbrageous,
    Casts aside its lowerings vile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shafik.ibrahim@ymail.comApril 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

    This poem reminds me that the most valuable part of me is my soul. is the only part of me that is eternal. Flesh will be burned and material things left in this world. But where will my soul spend eternity?JOHN3:16

    ReplyDelete

Please write your sincere comments about the post it will help to improvise. Feel free to share your views and suggestions.

--------------------------------------------------------